HK PIX

Places I like being,... Faces I like seeing,... People I like meeting,... Food I like eating,... Images I like sharing,...

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Enjoy your meal

Scorpion - MMMmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Every country has its own national specialty as far as food is concerned. The Dutch and French are known for their cheese, The Brits for their Yorkshire Pudding, Italians for their pizza, Spaniards for Paëlla, and the Chinese for their fried rice and noodles with all sorts of meat and fish, preferably sit-fried.
In Europe the saté sticks have become very popular, but we only know them with chicken, pork or beef.
When I was in Beijing in 2003 I was stunned by the most unusual delicatessen served at an outdoor foodmarket.
A wide variety of different sorts of what we'd call saté:
snails, centipede, seahorse, seastar, cocoons, squid, chicken heart, silkworm, froglegs (the whole thing), grasshoppers,... and most disgusting of all... little scorpions!!! And even worse,.. they were still alive when fried.
In the bottom left corner something to really make you puke: young sparrow!

Dessert please!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home