HK PIX

Places I like being,... Faces I like seeing,... People I like meeting,... Food I like eating,... Images I like sharing,...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Delicieux,... de Fauchon !

Gateau Fauchon,... a few bites for € 33

For some reason I keep getting back to Paris in this photoblog…. Don’t worry,.. I will soon switch continents!

But whenever I visit Paris I simply HAVE TO stop at some of the fine Parisian Patisseries.


One of my favourite places to buy gâteaux is absolutely Stroher at 51, Rue Montorgueil. Not only is this little street a unique place to be, but it somehow still has the atmosphere of Les Halles.

Les Halles was once the heart of Paris, named after the market founded 1183, when King Philippe II Auguste enlarged the previous marketplace in Paris and covered it, making a series of halls. It functioned as the main source of foodstuffs for Parisians for almost 700 years.

The gateau in the picture above was on display (for only € 33) in the shop window of another great delicatessen store: Fauchon, at their magnificent store on Place de la Madeleine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home