HK PIX

Places I like being,... Faces I like seeing,... People I like meeting,... Food I like eating,... Images I like sharing,...

Saturday, December 31, 2005

FIREWORKS TONIGHT !

Fireworks at Eiffel Tower - Paris

Tonight the Dutch will go wild with fireworks at midnight again.... A rough estimate says that a total of € 50.000.000 (yes... fifty million Euros!) worth of fireworks will go up in the air or bang in the streets this year.

My all-time favourite fireworks display was definitely at the Eiffel Tower in Paris. No,.. I was not among the lucky ones to witness the spectacular Millennium Fireworks (1999/2000), and YES am still jealous!!!

This shot was taken at the Bastille Day celebration in 2004, when I was in Paris for the Quatorze Juillet festivities. Also saw the impressive military parade on the Champs Elysées.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home