HK PIX

Places I like being,... Faces I like seeing,... People I like meeting,... Food I like eating,... Images I like sharing,...

Friday, November 25, 2005

La Fontaine Stravinsky

Left: L’Amour (les lèvres)
Right : L’Oiseau de Feu

The Stravinsky Fountain is a charming work of art among the numerous traditional fountains in Paris. It was created in 1982-1983 by Catharine Marie-Agnès Fal de Saint Phalle (better known as Niki Saint Phalle) (1930-2002) and Jean Tinguely (1925-1991) in homage to Igor Stravinsky's ballet "Le Sacre du Printemps."

This magical ensemble of 16 mobile gargoyle is on the Place Stravinsky next to the famous Centre Pompidou. Inspired by the composer's music, its quirky, kinetic, and colourful sculptures playfully squirt water in various directions.

Dimensions : 1650 cm x 35 cm x 3600 cm
Material : Aluminum, Steel, Engine, Reinforced with fiberglass polyester

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home